Thursday, June 7, 2012

I got bored waiting for parts to show up yesterday so I got a little crafty. The stock CB175 carbs work best with a long cold air intake, which is why the stock airboxes have 4" of rubber before the air hits the carbs. I found a piece of aluminum the furnace guys left behind so I bent the hell out of it until I had a airbox then I spray-bombed it with silver and enamel lacquer and tossed it in the oven at 250 for half an hour. The lacquer bakes to an awesome glossy finish. If my oven was big enough I would have baked my tank...

The airbox has a flange inside so it should hold the bulk filter foam Uni sells by the sheet. Pay no attention to the drywall sandpaper, that's just to pretty it up for the pictures. I found a CL175 exhaust in decent shape for a decent price so I snapped that up; it should be here in a week or so.

Breathe the pressure
Come play my game I'll test ya'

No comments:

Post a Comment